Tuesday 17 November 2020

Those Animals: Neo-Camels

 No desert setting is complete without them.

Pash Grolin brings a train of goods into town from the wasteland

Nothing like a good set of science fiction animals which are just regular animals with a weird skin colour. Put them next to some lobotomized cyborgs and it feels like Rogue Trader country. 


In my defence, I thought the coat was going to come out much yellower than it did; this is Aggaros Dunes applied straight over white. It's a great colour, but way more naturalistic than I expected.


Pink faces are fun, though.

These guys come from Copplestone Castings and are a real treat. I might pick up the Baggage Yaks and add them to the train.

More photos under the cut, but for once no more rambling.








4 comments:

  1. Amazing what changing the colors will do. Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, man. I 100% admit that your vibrant painting style is an inspiration for this kind of design choice! I wish I could be half as bold.

      Delete
  2. I think every trader should have a decent baggage train with menials and pack animals! These look great. The pink faces are a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll have to figure out how to do something wild with the yaks if I get them. Maybe blue fur or something.

      Delete